Increase your self-esteem by developing your feelings (1 minute read)
This post “Increase your self-esteem by developing your feelings” continues with how you can increase your self-esteem by getting to know yourself.
Increase your self-esteem by developing your feelings:
Feelings are very important to our existence. The researcher Silvan Tomkins has identified 9 innate feelings:
There are two inherently rewarding feelings, i.e. we want more of this:
- 1. Interest-Excitement to get resources and strive toward mastery
- Enjoyment-Joy to strengthen social bonds.
The neutral, brief feeling:
- Surprise-Startle to stop and shift attention
Five inherently punishing feelings motivating us to change the situation:
- Distress-Anguish, also including sadness, to get help as well as support in mourning losses
- Anger-Rage to fight and alter the situation
- Fear-Terror to flee or freeze from dangers
- Shame-Humiliation for self-protection and social control
- Disgust to get rid off
- Dissmell to pull away and keep distance.
Look at your diary over your feelings and compare to the 9 feelings. Which feelings:
– Do you often have
– Would you like to have more of
– Would you like to have less of.
More on how you can increase your self-esteem in the next post. See also the free blog or the course How to develop self-esteem and boost your confidence at https://jennyrappbefree.com
If you have any questions you would like answered, you can write them in the comments field. E-mail me at email@example.com